How to Send Secure Email in Outlook: Introduction
Almost every computer in the world uses Windows as its operating system. Windows has a lot of built-in programs for various functions. One of the most useful programs that Windows offers is Outlook. You can use this application in sending and receiving emails. But do you know how to send secure email in Outlook?
This article will introduce you to the basic steps on how to send a secure email using Outlook. This includes sending secure documents via email as well. You also learn what a secure email gateway is. On top of these, you’ll know an application that suits your email security needs.
How to Send Secure Email in Outlook: The Basics
We use different means of communication in our daily lives. We either use SMS, chat, and email. We prefer to communicate through email because we can write a lot of content on it. We can also attach files and documents to it.
An attacker is always on the lookout for security holes in whatever we do online. They can intercept your email and steal the important information in it. This leads us to the question “how to send secure email in Outlook?”
Knowing how to send secure email in Outlook is important. You need to import first your email authentication certificate to Outlook. You also need to start a digital signing process. This verifies your identity to the recipient.
You need to encrypt your emails as well. Encryption is the process of converting a message or plaintext into ciphertext. This encodes a message to a format which isn’t readable by an attacker. The encryption process relies on algorithms or problem-solving operations.
Outlook has a feature where you also can encrypt your emails. You can also The steps are different from one Outlook version to another. We’ll be using Outlook’s latest version from Outlook.com. Here are the steps on how to send secure email in Outlook:
How to Send Secure Email in Outlook: Step #1
Open up your copy of Outlook in your computer. Log in to your account at Outlook.com if you use the online version.
How to Send Secure Email in Outlook: Step #2
Compose a new message or email draft. Start typing your message. Add the subject of your email. Then add more recipients if there are any.
How to Send Secure Email in Outlook: Step #3
You can see a clickable “Encrypt” icon on the upper part of your email draft screen. This has a “shield” with a “lock” image inside it. Click on this before sending your email.
How to Send Secure Email in Outlook: Step #4
Add your attachments or documents if there any. Clicking on the encrypt icon will also encrypt all these. You’re now ready to send your email or save it as a draft for future use.
How to Send Secure Email in Outlook: Step #5
Click on the “Send” button below to send your email to your recipient. Outlook then encrypts the connection while your email is in transit.
It’s easy, right? Now you know how to send secure email in Outlook. We’ll now be discussing another amazing product that secures your emails as well.
How to Send Secure Email in Outlook: Use A Secure Email Gateway
We got a lot of spam emails in our inboxes. These spam emails contain adware, spyware, and phishing links. A secure email gateway protects you from these threats.
Comodo’s KoruMail Secure Email Gateway is a great example of a secure email gateway. It is Comodo’s version of Secure Email Gateway or SEG. Here are some of the many features this amazing product offers:
- It removes spam and other malicious content before it enters your enterprise network.
- It blends with existing email systems without a problem.
- It has a centralized and friendly user interface for mail management.
- It uses data loss prevention technology. This reduces the risk of leaking out your organization’s sensitive information.
- It has an instant search feature that allows you to locate information in a short time.
KoruMail integration with Comodo Messaging Suite gives you extra features:
- It provides more security via SSL, POP3, MAP, SMTP, and HTTP protocols. If you know how to send secure mail in Outlook, then you also know how to encrypt emails. This is possible because of these security protocols. All these offer encryption when transmitting data.
- You can access your webmail from anywhere.
- It is compatible with IOS and Android devices.
- Setup is easy and requires little management from an administrator.
- It saves you money because it doesn’t need extra hardware and software purchases.
Want to access a secure email gateway? Then sign up now with Korumail and get a free demo!